Monday, February 9, 2009

Planting Bouganvillas

Lets just start this off with a couple of facts...
I am a first time home owner,
I use to live in the sticks (meaning dig as you please),
and
If roots are in the way just wack the crap out of them with a shovel.
With those out of the way lets start with my story...
Saturday looked like a beautiful day to do some home improvements. I called my ever faithful cousin, Mindy. I wanted to paint an ugly table set that I have rotting outside, pretty funky. That is why I needed Mindy, her brain is pretty helpful in the funky way! We got some fancy spray paint and found our way to the plant section of home depot. I have always wanted to plant some bougainvilleas in my front yard to add some color. I purchase two bougainvilleas.
When Brian got home I let him know that we had to plant the bougainvilleas I bought. DOOM... We got one one planet and were just about ready to plant the last one... We thought we needed to clear the hole just a little more.... BOMB... HISSSSSS WE HIT A GAS LINE!!!!



The fire department had to come and southwest gas,they worked into the night fixing our VERY costly mistake. We had to be evacuated from the house. I am going to take the firefighters some cookies per my dads promptings but I am going to add a little Lindsey spice to the thank you... In the basket along with the cookies will be GasX pills with a little note saying thank you for helping me with my gas problem!!!!

No comments: