Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Camping in the rain 10-10-08

Brian and I wanted to go on a quick, fun and inexpensive weekend trip in October. We picked Parker Canyon Lake Tucson, Arizona which is about an hour drive from my casa. I had never been to Parker Canyon Lake and I was very excited to go. I thought I would be able to get a little sun on my legs while we fished. Well that wouldn't be the case!
We headed down Friday late afternoon and our friends Andy and Maylee were going to be meeting us there on Saturday. The drive down was so beautiful, the rolling hills, the long grass swaying in the wind and the big beautiful blue clear skies. With the windows rolled down singing along to our favorites songs, it was so wonderful and refreshing! As we got closer to the lake the road got a little rough and the sky started to get dark. I got the chance to see wild turkeys. You would not believe how excited I got. I looked at Brian with my hands in the air and keep saying "THOSE ARE WILD TURKEYS!, DID YOU SEE THE WILD TURKEYS?"I almost had Brian pull over so I could take a picture but with the sky getting dark and rain was moving in, so we tracked on.






We made it to the lake just in time to find a campsite and set up our tent before the rain started up. Brian and I are not the most experienced campers and we don't have all the nessacary items that most campers have. We had a tent that I borrowed from my parents for a camping trip we took in March to Mt. Lemon that I had not returned! Well that lovely tent isn't the greatest in the elements... like rain! Even with the rain cover on the tent was leaking. The plans that we had for this glourious trip never involved rain!!! BUT WE GOT RAIN!!!
















Our food needed to be cooked by campfire. thank goodness we had snacks, which became our dinner! We were held up for the night in our tent. I read mens fitness to Brian... It was about Forest Griffin (we love him). Brian can read just so every one knows. I just didn't want to be sitting there counting rain drops and I also wanted to read the article so why not make it story time. I manage to fumble my way through the big words and story time was a success. So with wet toes and a restless night of sleep in our forecast we snuggled together for a fun night.




The next day wasn't much better... RAIN... Drizzle... mist... rain...wind. No fishing, a little hike and found out from other campers more rain was on its way. So looking at Brian i said you are really handsome and i love being around you but 48 hours in a tent just didn't sound like fun. We packed up and headed into town to met Andy and Maylee. We broke the news that we were done with camping... ate warm food, tasted wine and headed home. We will have to try it again.

No comments: